Last weekend, one of our clients – SMV/Annalakshmi Culinary Science – hosted a seminar on Ayurvedic principles entitled “Cooking for Wellness”
Ayurveda is the Indian system of Holistic Medicine, offering life style knowledge to maintain balance of Body, Mind and Spirit.
Our client was using CiviCRM to manage their contact base and needed to take the system one step further by managing the Ayurvedic seminar online.
CiviCRM was configured to:
- Manage the event information – date, time, venue, maximum number of participants, waiting list
- Online registrations for this event which included the participant receiving an email confirmation with all the event details
- Once the event was full, the people who registered were automatically put on a waiting list
- An automated reminder was sent 1 week before the event.
During the Event
On the day of the event, the list was seamlessly exported to a spreadsheet and printed out to mark off attendance as it was believed this would be faster than doing it online.
Post event, the CRM was updated to check off participants who actually attended.
An automated email will be sent to:
- People who actually attended, thanking them for coming and asking them to sign up for their newsletter to be informed of more upcoming events.
- People who didn’t attend, saying that they missed them and asking them to sign up for their newsletter to be informed of more upcoming events.
So you can see just how much time a CRM can save you to manage an event as well as automate relationship building with your clients and supporters.
Stay tuned for our next blog post on another success story in CRM for Wellness – Cancer Support WA!